Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Febral Seizure - Hands downs the scariest thing in my life so far!

Today i saw my babies life flash before my eyes. And maybe I am being a little dramatic but It was TERRIFYIING to me witnessing it. The kids were all out back playing about 5 pm and Halee had woken up from a nap about 4:30 and everything seemed fine. i was in the kitchen with the screen door open listening to them play. I hear Briella tell Halee "your ok, get up!" I look out and see Halee laying by the slide and tell Briella help her up! Briella is standing over her puzzled and sick laughingly says "whats she doing?" and my heart droped as I looked out and noticed her little body convulsing and she wasn't playing around! I ran out and she wouldn;t respond to me. I picked her stiff body up and carried her to the living room floor where I layed her down and tried to get her attention. I was bawling she was turning purple and not breathing! I called 911. scariest wait of my life! I told the 911 operator that "I don't want to lose her!!!" After her seizure she sorta passed out and then went into a crying fit still not responding to me! When they got there she was just laying really lathargic and not responsive. They took her to the ambulance and waited for me to call my neighbor for my kids (I had her kids over for a play date!) I called George at work and then my mom in the ambulance. Halee finally came responsive in the ambulance and asked for Easton!  Easton told my neighbor friend," I don't want my mommy and Daddy to bring home another baby. I want to keep the sister I have. Is she gonna die?" Those two are SO close.  And sweet big sister who had to be the one to find her that way wrote a card " To Mom, From Bells, Tell Halee I love her and its a good thing she didet diy." I am so grateful for my childrens and their love for eachother. I am grateful for the Lord and him always watching over us. Because it could have been so much worse and it wasn't.


So when we got there she had to have tests to figure out why she had a fever and sudden rise in temp?
 Poor little thing. Had blood work, a catheter for urine sample, chest xrays and an iv. HATED it all!
 Wouldn't let anyone touch her and only wanted mommy to hold her not daddy. But everytime she told me "go home!" because she wanted to she'd say "daddy go home too!"

 hated this on her toe!
I am so thankful that Heavenly Father watches out for us and made her be all right. All her test came back clean and she has an ear infection!! All that scare for an ear infection!! I will definately be more on top of fevers! She was totally fine today before all this happened. But we are now eating burger king and she is dancing and singing for us! Totally night and day to how she reacted to the seizure!! I Love this important person in our family!

4 comments:

Justin and Tawsha said...

how scary!!!! i cant imagine. glad all the tests came back normal. Poor thing having to go through that. And briella and east are so sweet. Poor kids having to worry and be scared.
glad your ok halee! i love her.

Borchardt's said...

Oh no! Honestly the scariest thing in the world!! Ryan has had three of them and i cried my eyes out and thought he was dead every single one!! I am so sorry that that had to happen! It made me cry just reading what you put and remembering ryans! now forever you will be scared to death every time anyone gets a fever! what a scary thing i am so sorry! but i am glad that it was only a seizure and nothing worse!

Mickie Ann said...

You have me crying! Partly because I know the scariness...I haven't seen one, but I have been the one. And the other part, because she is an important part of your darling family! I am so gratefull to our Heavenly Father that she was able to recover and all is well!! We send our love and prayers!

Joanna said...

So glad she is ok, your story gave me chills in my spine!! Life is such a tender thing we forget sometimes how blessed we are day to day!! Love you Halee, hope your feeling better little lady!!!! Give her hugs for us!